About this Database
It is difficult to find adequate and culturally competent mental health support that truly meets the needs of IBPOC people in our current existing system. In response, this database was made to highlight a range of local services, programs and IBPOC mental health workers for IBPOC residents of Kjipuktuk/HRM.
We have been working since August 2019 to crowdsource and compile as much information into this document as possible as part of the CARE Project, in an attempt to create an easily accessible public contact list for who is available to reach out to when we/our loved ones are having a hard time and need healing support.
We will host this database here on Khyber’s website, and also plan to create printed posters to have available in local spaces once we have ample information. It will be updated regularly as we collect more information, so please do add to it and share to help spread the word!
If you have any questions, email email@example.com
– Bria Miller, Co-Director of Khyber Centre for the Arts
Ways to Support
1. Sharing the database with your network via social media, email or word of mouth
2. Add names of IBPOC mental health or wellness workers/programs you know of to the crowdsourcing document linked HERE, and highlight your addition (so we know it’s a new addition)
3. If you are a mental health worker, healer, or run a wellness program, please fill out a consent form to be featured in the database on our website and eventually in print. Consent form is linked HERE.
4. Share this link from the Khyber’s newsletter (September 04/19) with your networks via email or social media.
Local IBPOC Mental Health Support Database
|Name & Pronouns||Job Title||Racial Background||Gender||Sexuality||Website||Contact Info||Description of Practice||Additional Info|
|Shawns Paris-Hoyte QC, JD, MSW, RSW she/her||Counsellor, therapist, social worker, consultant, coach||Blackfirstname.lastname@example.org 1-902 443-1515||
Licensed clinical therapist and coach with over 15 years experience in practice. Therapeutic approaches grounded in Afro-centricity, spirituality, Culturally proficient, Anti-0ppressive and trauma informed. Utilizing CBT, DBT, SF, ACT, depression care, trauma, anxiety. Life coaching, couples counseling, and mediation. Population demographics: Adults, couples, adolescents.
I offer free 1/2 hour consultations that can be booked on my website, at www.shawnsparishoyte.ca